How to Reset Android Phone Camera Permissions
Real ID requires permission from your web browser to access your camera and verify your ID.
Watch the following screencast video for a walkthrough on how to find these permissions easily, or follow the instructions below.
Granting Camera Permissions to Real ID
Follow these steps to grant permission:
- Open the Real ID check link sent to your email or by text message.
- In the browser, click the lock icon next to the URL. It will be in the top left of the screen.
- In the pop up that appears, click the "Permissions" option.
- Then click the "Camera" option.
- Finally, select the "Allow" option to enable the camera for your ID check.
If you're still seeing a permissions error when trying to submit your ID, you should also verify that Chrome itself has access to your camera.
Grant Camera Permissions to Chrome
Steps to allow access to your camera:
- Open the settings
- Select the "Apps" section
- Click Chrome
- Select "Permissions"
- Grant access by selecting the "Allow while using the app" option